Oue in-house legal department provides advice on a wide range of subjects, which include:
- Ship management contracts (technical and commercial management), crew management agreements and ship repair contracts;
- Various aspects of ship finance, liaising with banks, insurers, underwriters and external legal advisers on these matters;
- Crewing matters, including Maritime Labour Convention and crew employment contracts;
- Handling a wide range of claims in various jurisdictions, including charterparty disputes, cargo claims, crew matters, property damage, hull and machinery insurance claims, collision liability;
- Communicating with underwriters, P&I Clubs and external legal advisers on various matters;
- Ship sale and purchase contracts, shipbuilding contracts and standard BIMCO agreements;
- Company registration and corporate matters in various jurisdictions.